Pumping At Work
Let’s be real, pumping at work is HARD, especially when you first return to work and haven’t found your routine yet. Worrying about time, milk supply, privacy…all the things…makes it more stressful. I’m here with some tips to help smooth the process for you! Follow below in the comments.
1. Clean the surface you’re using for your pump and parts, especially in shared spaces. Thieves cleans surfaces without toxic chemicals that could potentially get on your pump parts or into milk.
2. Get a wet/dry bag. This allows you to store your pump parts between pumping sessions and keep them separate from cords and other things in your bag. Be sure you purchase a wet bag that includes a mat to create a clean surface for everything!
3. Bamboobies are a must! These washable bamboo nursing pads are naturally antimicrobial and they hold up like a dream with repeated washing. Pro tip: carry an extra pair in your wet bag in case of major leaks. You don’t want to walk around in milk soaked scrubs like I did.
4.Motherlove Herb makes the best nipple balm on the planet. This herbal remedy is safe for baby and there’s no need to wash it off before nursing or pumping. I buy them in multipacks! When you’re done nursing, this balm makes an amazing treatment for chapped baby cheeks, eczema, etc.
5. Lip balm is a must! You will be thirsty and feel parched if you don’t keep up your hydration while pumping.
6. I keep Thieves Hand Sanitizer in my pumping bag to make sure my hands are clean before touching pump parts. Especially if you are working on your computer or using your phone, be sure to clean your hands before handling parts or milk!
7. Lactek BabyMotion flanges mimic baby’s suckling motions and can help increase comfort and milk output.
8. Some pump rooms provide dish soap to wash parts but dawn and other brands contain countless toxic chemicals that shouldn’t be used on pump parts…or anything at all if I’m being honest! I even carry my own nontoxic Thieves Dish Soap in my diaper bag to wash pacifiers, etc. Not pictured is my Kindred Bravely nursing/pumping tank. I have lived in these every single day for years! I also love supplements from Legendairy Milk. Visit my Recommended Products page for links to all my favorite things and check out my Thieves must haves here.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.